Fine colour reproduction after the original watercolour painted about 1905
Framed & glazed in our studio
Overall size including frame 47.5 x 65 cm
This view depicts the old Gosport landing stages about 1905, before the foreshore was reclaimed in the 1920s creating the ferry gardens. The Georgian Market Hall, built in 1811, dominates the background to the left and was unfortunately pulled down in the 1960s.
The launching shed of the famous Camper & Nicholson's yacht builders is shown in the centre - from these buildings the classic J Class yachts Shamrock and Endeavour were built and launched. The building to the right is Ratsey’s sailmakers.