A View of the Town and Harbour of Portsmouth, c.1780
Original hand-coloured copper engraving, published about 1780
Framed and glazed in our studio with conservation materials
Overall size including frame: 44.8 x 55.2 cm
Depicting a Portsmouth then considerably smaller and confined to Old Portsmouth and the dockyard area. Gosport is gathered around Holy Trinity Church, built in 1696 and still going strong. Beyond the town can be seen Fort Blockhouse and the Gilkicker sea mark.